Monday 17 June 2013

The Foundation.

After many months of going through bottles and bottles of different foundations, without taking into consideration my skin type, I've discovered the best and 'not-so-best' for me.

1. Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation - This is one of the first good quality foundations that I have found for a really great price.I purchased mine last year from the store in Doncaster, Shopping town, and despite the small tube, still have some left. Although it is described as a light-weight foundation, I would say it's quite heavy and gives a moderate coverage look. Because of the weight of it, I find that I only need to use a small amount (dime size) to achieve the coverage I want. Because I have fairly oily skin, it's the kind of foundation I would always set with powder, as I find it slips off my skin if I don't. If you are after something that gives a soft, matte finish, I highly recommend this. It sells in store for about $45, but many outlets sell it for cheaper!

2. Maybelline New York Fit Me Foundation - I purchased this foundation from a Priceline store after hearing the great reviews about it! Unfortunately, I found that this foundation was far too oily for my skin, which was very disappointing as I really loved the texture and coverage of it. For girls with dryer skin, I would highly recommend this product as it is gives a breathable and dewy finish, and is extremely well-priced, selling in stores for as little as $15!

3. Mac Face and Body Foundation - This is most definitely my least favourite out of the foundations I have tried. It was extremely oily and left and almost greasy look on my face. Due to the silicone in MAC foundations, I have found that they really don't suit my skin type, as they hardly last over an hour or two. However, on the upside of this product, it's extremely light and you can build up the coverage to your preferred liking! I bought this one in the city for about $40.

4. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - This product wins my favourite foundation-of-all-time award! It is literally the best thing ever. I've gone through two bottles of it, and am planning to purchase another when my current one runs out! It leaves a perfect matte finish with the perfect coverage. It's a medium coverage foundation but is extremely breathable and light on the skin. I can leave it on my face morning to night and it lasts the whole day! It doesn't clog up my pores or leave my skin feeling dirty, unlike many foundations. I highly recommend this foundation and for it's price ($68) it is so worth it!

Ella X








    1 comment: